On Another Note 4

On Another Note - 4

Over at Patchwork Posse Becky is telling you everything you need to know about What’s on the Fabric Bolt for new sewist and quilters this can be extremely helpful to know before walking ing a big chain store to shop for fabric. So, check it out.

Amy Friend has written a new book that looks very interesting that I would love to read. She has a contest running Tell Me A Story Quilt–Prizes!! I love the fussy cutting on the quilt on the cover.

 

Makes

Busy while caring for my sicky family. "Mr. In The Boon Docks" finally got a pair of pjs his wife made. He is quite happy with them. I used a pattern I found at Walmart for $4.97 a Easy Stitch and Save by McCall's, M9238.

This skirt I think maybe a fail but I am going to try and save it, because I love the floral print! Elastic is not my friend! I purchased the knit fabrics I used for hubby's pants, skirt, and Infinity Scarf from Girl Charlee KnitFix - Girl Charlee. The way it works is you get 6 knit fabrics of 2 yards each. You get to try sewing knits without the giant cost. It is working well for me.

I made up the pattern for the "Infinity Scarf" with a 9" wide strip x WOF. It looks cute with my new sweater. Hello! It is great to meet you! Hope you stop by "In The Boon Docks" often.

The Elementary school made $70 off the sale of the "Flora Pocket Totes" I made for the fundraiser! Super happy with the results from the pattern I got from a kit off Patterns for all the crafts you love - Craftsy!

 

 

One the Home Front

Here everyone has some stage of the flu my poor 3 year old granddaughter is in the hospital with pneumonia. She is on the mend and with another bug sweeping through our home we cannot take the chance of infecting her with something else. So, here I sit and worry, which this year I don't think I am the only one. I'm praying for wellness for everyone. Please pray/send good thoughts for my sweet Zoey! Good Health to All - Lisa

 

 

Comments

  1. Oh no! Poor Zoey, your family really has been in the wars lately. Hopefully with spring on your doorstep you can get healthy again soon. Will you be making Zoey a little toy to snuggle in the hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor family! I hope your little Zoey gets well soon and that the rest of your family can get rid of those yucky bugs! Cute, cute bags and pajama bottoms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that you've all been sick and that poor little Zoey is in the hospital. Very worrisome! Sending healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear....I hope everyone is better soon. It is always such a worry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the Girl Charlee KnitFix mention! We are so happy you are enjoying your fabrics, and the scarf looks beautiful on you.

    Happy Sewing~
    Heather
    girlcharlee.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please feel free to email
comlisajohnson @gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Acquainted New Blogger Blog Hop & Giveaway

Aurifil Thread Giveaway - Black and White

April Showers Blog Hop